Die Freie Welt

Poems. Stories. Thoughts. That kinda thing.

03 September 2006

Oh, this life

This morning I realized something I have quite possibly realized many times before. And in a moment I will share that revelation with you. First, you must have some of my back ground. I believe in God. Not the Christian God, or Catholic God, but I believe in a beautiful spirit, from whose mind we all came, that is not scary, and should not be feared, but who loves us. He will not punish me for things I have done, or things others may do. I believe we are here on Earth to perfect our souls. We all have a soul, and life is used to learn, and grow, and become better. And by that rational, I began to think the things that I do are all to teach me lessons. The decisions I am faced with and then my choices are all to lead me in the direction of betterment. But (now for the revelation) I realized this morning that things I do are effecting others (well, I always knew that), and that others are learning things about themselves, because of me. Like every little thing I ever do is teaching someone patience, and tolerance, and to love without condition. So, if you ever wonder what your purpose in life is, look all around you at the people your decisions are effecting, THEY are your purposes. Yourself and the people who know you, that is the reason you are alive, and I think a damn good one.

1 Comments:

Blogger slaghammer said...

Beautiful poetry, fearless introspection, talented writing skills, God have mercy on your soul. They say happiness is the artist’s worst enemy. There is some truth to that statement. However, endless joy would be a far worse fate, what a boring life that would be.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home