Die Freie Welt

Poems. Stories. Thoughts. That kinda thing.

13 June 2007

Thanks for the Y

So, I had a 14 and 1/2 week ultrasound today and we found out that it is a boy. And based on the things it was doing in the womb, I would say a pretty typical boy. He was, I can only assume, playing the air drums, doing kung fu, sucking his thumb, and reclining, using my bladder as a footrest and the placenta as a pillow. Oh, yeah, and doing swirlies in the amniotic fluid, not cooperating with the technician, who was trying to check his brain.

Wow, a boy. I admit, I wanted a girl. But I am not disappointed, I am seeing all the benefits to a boy and I believe this was the plan. Not to sound cheesy, but there is a plan for everyone and this is my path. I have been known in my life for bouts of misandry. I didn't get along with my dad and I haven't gotten along with any male in a relationship up until Jeff (the father, for those that don't know). I am so happy for the challenge that lies in raising a sensitive and strong young man.

Today we celebrated by swimming (and burning in the sun), then cooking hot dogs on a fire. While we were outside under the tree in the back yard waiting for the fire to warm up, some small voice behind us yelled hello. We turned and it was a two little boys that live on the next street. They were hiding behind some bushes and peeking at us. They began yelling things to us. I am not sure what but they were likely normal, I- want - attention little boy things. And I said to Jeff "little boys are mean aren't they?" He said yes, he was. And I said "oh no, I want my little boy to be nice, but if he's nice he won't get along with the mean boys and then they will beat him up." See, all these things I have to worry about. I don't know what to do with a boy, I've never been a boy. I don't know how they feel or how to make them strong but different, I want him to stand out but get along and fit in. I guess that's what Jeff is here for. The one thing I do know, and I vow not to do, is be the psycho mother. I dated a lot of boys whose mothers hated me only because I was the girl dating their son. I will NOT be like that.

Okay, enough ranting and worrying. I am so excited and even though I want him to be here now, I will enjoy the time that I get to be so close to him. Good luck to me!! And thanks to everyone who is so damn supportive. Thank God for all my friends who have sons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home